Our standard glazing is a 28mm double glazed unit made up of two pieces of 4mm glass with a 20mm argon filled cavity. We also specify the a low emissivity coating on the inner pane that has a heat retaining layer. This gives us a 1.2 centre pane U value with the latest warm edge spacer technology to combat the transfer of the cold to the inner pane and your home.
We use PLANITHERM TOTAL+ which eliminates cold areas around your windows, making your home warmer and reduces your energy bills. It has a neutral coating that allows the most natural daylight into your room, helping your home to feel light and bright.
We also offer a very high performance 44mm triple glazed unit in all our Rehau casement windows which achieves a 0.6 U Value with standard glazing and argon cavities.
In short, triple glazed windows are warmer, quieter and more secure than other types of glazing:
- Sealed units are filled with two chambers of inert argon gas to reduce heat loss
- The extra pane of low-emissivity (low E) glass allows more of the sun’s free energy to pass through
- The glass panes are separated by warm edge technology spacer bars, made from an insulating plastic composite material which acts as a barrier to heat loss
There are several different glazing options available on the market today, however at 1st Class we try to keep things simple by providing a suggested solution for the following needs:
- Solar Control – We can specify glass that reduces solar heat gain to maintain a comfortable level of temperature all year round. This is particularly relevant in conservatories or large expanses of glazing. We would recommend upgrading your glazing to PLANITHERM 4S.
- Noise Reduction – Although standard double & triple glazed units reduce noise, there are specialist products available that have been designed specifically for that purpose with a noise reduction laminate interlayer. We offer both a 6.8mm or 8.8mm acoustic glass that really works to reflect and absorb unwanted noise.
- Self Cleaning – Reduces the need for cleaning exterior glazing through a dual-action coating. It uses daylight and rain to break down and wash away organic dirt. We would recommend using this on conservatory roof’s as they can be hard to reach. We offer both Pilkington Activ or St-Gobain Bioclean in blue, aqua or neutral colours.
- Safety – The term “Safety” is applied to glazing used to reduce the risk of accident by impact, fracture, shattering, or in a fire. At 1st Class we always supply toughened safety glass in our doors and conservatories as these products are often susceptible to impact. Working with our glass suppliers we can calculate what type of glazing will best suit your needs. This can often mean simply upgrading to thicker glass (6mm, 8mm or 10mm) or adding a laminate layer.
- Decorative Glazing – We have an extensive choice of decorative options to provide style and privacy with maximum light. There are five levels of privacy available, graded from 1 (least obscure) to 5 (greatest obscurity). There are 12 original patterns in the main range and 6 in the replacement range which you can choose from.
Please see our download section for more detail on the above.